Skip to main content

Day 5 - Wildflowers



Day 5 - Wildflowers (WIP) © Kristye Addison Dudley
6" x 4" Acrylic on Canvas Paper


Day 5 of 30 Paintings in 30 Days Wildflowers (work in progress) for 99 Bottles of Art on the Wall. I am really enjoying working with landscapes. As a former athlete, I have always been drawn to the figure, but that is what this challenge is about. Stepping out of my comfort zone.

Today was a very exciting day. Not only did I make it to day 5 of this challenge, but my family traveled to Tennessee to cheer on our niece as she competed in her final collegiate gymnastics meet.

As a former gymnast, I remember the tears and sweat that goes into each meet. Seeing her perform with such power, grace and humility for her talent made me so proud. Her team finished first place in the NAIGC, and she placed 2nd all around out of 900 competitors from across the country and first place on vault.

She is a reminder of how God gives us talents for his glory. There were so many people who admired her talent, but when they met her, they were greeted with a sweet smile and spirit. I am blessed to have been a part of her grand finale in collegiate sports. 

Don't be surprised if acrobatic figures start to appear in my work again soon. I am feeling inspired. Maybe I can have figures in landscapes!

More to come,
Kristye

kristye.com
dorilam.com
kdudley@kristye.com
Purchase originals and prints

Popular posts from this blog

A family update. Mark has orders and this summer we are moving to the DMV (DC/Maryland/Virginia). We’ve found a rental home in Sterling, Virginia and have already signed the kids up for summer activities. I’m so excited to be closer to family! We have enjoyed our time here in Ohio, made some new memories, and new friends. I’m going to miss it here. Kristye.com   My Blog Purchase originals and prints   kdudley@kristye.com Twitter @KristyeStudio Tweet @KristyeStudio Like and share My Facebook Page Kristye's Studio    

Today is a gift

There are so many moments in our lives where we question why things happen. There have been times where I wondered "how did I get here?" and "why me?". I have been reflecting on this year, my relationships, my hopes and dreams. I have had the opportunity to see many of my dreams come true. I am married to a wonderful man. I have been blessed with a spunky little girl. I am able to not only create art, but to walk, paint, laugh and share my life with wonderful family and friends. In the picture above, I am standing with one if my childhood idols. Yep, we are the same age, but Keasha was always two or three steps ahead and without her knowing made a path for me. We met in high school at a science and engineering camp at Clemson University. She was so pretty and smart. She graduated from high school a year early, and then majored in engineering. She had her own car, I couldn't even drive yet, and a personalized license plate that some how spelled QT-PIE. ...

What a Difference A Year Makes

What a difference a year makes. Picking Pumpkins with the family Work in progress of watercolor flowers. Fall is one of my favorite times of the year and I usually plan for our family to visit farms, pick pumpkins, decorate the house, cook treats, and enjoy the cooler weather. This time last year, I was two weeks post-op from a very unexpected surgery. This year I am so thankful of where this year has taken us. I am feeling more like myself, I am talking some great art classes. My kids are back in school, playing sports, and making friends. I have made friends too. Hard to believe we will be moving again next year, but until then we will enjoy each day. Kristye.com