Skip to main content

Day 3 - Because I'm Happy - Handpainted Foam Prints



Day 3 - Happiness: Triptych  each 3" x 4" on paper © Kristye Addison Dudley

Day 3 - Happiness Prints

As a part of my 30 Paintings in 30 Days Challenge. I am going to experiment with new processes and just have some good old fashion fun in the studio without worrying about the outcome! This doodle was originally created during valentines day while painting with my 3 year old (which is always a highlight). I took a break from my painting and decided to do some simple prints from the sketch.

My 3 year old daughter and 19 month old son fill our lives with laughter and playfulness. I wish we had more joyful, positive media surrounding us, so I created these prints with happiness in my heart. The process is below. I created 3 prints and hand painted two of them with accents.


Step 1 - Supplies: Foam Sheets, Roller Brush, Paint
Step 2 - Draw on the Foam Sheet (I used a simple ink pen)
Step 3 - Roll on the paint
Step 4 - Rub the painted side on a sheet of paper
Step 5 - Enjoy your happy little print, add some hand painting for fun



Be Blessed,
Kristye

kristye.com
dorilam.com
kdudley@kristye.com
Purchase originals and prints

Popular posts from this blog

A family update. Mark has orders and this summer we are moving to the DMV (DC/Maryland/Virginia). We’ve found a rental home in Sterling, Virginia and have already signed the kids up for summer activities. I’m so excited to be closer to family! We have enjoyed our time here in Ohio, made some new memories, and new friends. I’m going to miss it here. Kristye.com   My Blog Purchase originals and prints   kdudley@kristye.com Twitter @KristyeStudio Tweet @KristyeStudio Like and share My Facebook Page Kristye's Studio    

Today is a gift

There are so many moments in our lives where we question why things happen. There have been times where I wondered "how did I get here?" and "why me?". I have been reflecting on this year, my relationships, my hopes and dreams. I have had the opportunity to see many of my dreams come true. I am married to a wonderful man. I have been blessed with a spunky little girl. I am able to not only create art, but to walk, paint, laugh and share my life with wonderful family and friends. In the picture above, I am standing with one if my childhood idols. Yep, we are the same age, but Keasha was always two or three steps ahead and without her knowing made a path for me. We met in high school at a science and engineering camp at Clemson University. She was so pretty and smart. She graduated from high school a year early, and then majored in engineering. She had her own car, I couldn't even drive yet, and a personalized license plate that some how spelled QT-PIE. ...

What a Difference A Year Makes

What a difference a year makes. Picking Pumpkins with the family Work in progress of watercolor flowers. Fall is one of my favorite times of the year and I usually plan for our family to visit farms, pick pumpkins, decorate the house, cook treats, and enjoy the cooler weather. This time last year, I was two weeks post-op from a very unexpected surgery. This year I am so thankful of where this year has taken us. I am feeling more like myself, I am talking some great art classes. My kids are back in school, playing sports, and making friends. I have made friends too. Hard to believe we will be moving again next year, but until then we will enjoy each day. Kristye.com