Skip to main content

Hello 2014

Happy New Year,
I hope this new year is treating everyone well. I have started the new year off well traveling, seeing family and renewing my passion for painting and all things creative. My husband and I took a couples trip to New York City and that place always sparks so much creative energy in me. There is something about the heartbeat and pulse of the city that I had been missing.

I have decided to embrace all parts of me and try to make are without rules. My good friend Erin and I were chatting online and she always has something motivational to share. She reminded me to have fun. Sometimes, I get so concerned with making "good" art, that I don't want to make mistakes. How silly is that! The best art sometimes comes from mistakes. So it's time to have some fun in 2014!!!

So, in doing so I am going to share more about my work, paintings in progress and studio life in general. You know, the mistakes, the trial and error, the paths less taken.  Hope you are ready for the ride. I sure am. Here is a work in progress that I have been playing with. It's a digital app, that lets you record your work as it progresses. It's kind of a new obsession I have just started experimenting with.

Digital Sketch by Kristye Addison Dudley


If you are interested in commissioning artwork, home decor or purchasing prints  please contact me, I would love to work with you.

Be blessed,
Kristye

kristye.com
dorilam.com
kdudley@dorilam.com
Purchase originals and prints

Popular posts from this blog

A family update. Mark has orders and this summer we are moving to the DMV (DC/Maryland/Virginia). We’ve found a rental home in Sterling, Virginia and have already signed the kids up for summer activities. I’m so excited to be closer to family! We have enjoyed our time here in Ohio, made some new memories, and new friends. I’m going to miss it here. Kristye.com   My Blog Purchase originals and prints   kdudley@kristye.com Twitter @KristyeStudio Tweet @KristyeStudio Like and share My Facebook Page Kristye's Studio    

Today is a gift

There are so many moments in our lives where we question why things happen. There have been times where I wondered "how did I get here?" and "why me?". I have been reflecting on this year, my relationships, my hopes and dreams. I have had the opportunity to see many of my dreams come true. I am married to a wonderful man. I have been blessed with a spunky little girl. I am able to not only create art, but to walk, paint, laugh and share my life with wonderful family and friends. In the picture above, I am standing with one if my childhood idols. Yep, we are the same age, but Keasha was always two or three steps ahead and without her knowing made a path for me. We met in high school at a science and engineering camp at Clemson University. She was so pretty and smart. She graduated from high school a year early, and then majored in engineering. She had her own car, I couldn't even drive yet, and a personalized license plate that some how spelled QT-PIE. ...

What a Difference A Year Makes

What a difference a year makes. Picking Pumpkins with the family Work in progress of watercolor flowers. Fall is one of my favorite times of the year and I usually plan for our family to visit farms, pick pumpkins, decorate the house, cook treats, and enjoy the cooler weather. This time last year, I was two weeks post-op from a very unexpected surgery. This year I am so thankful of where this year has taken us. I am feeling more like myself, I am talking some great art classes. My kids are back in school, playing sports, and making friends. I have made friends too. Hard to believe we will be moving again next year, but until then we will enjoy each day. Kristye.com