Skip to main content

Looking back, looking ahead

As I look back over 2012, I can't overlook how my year began. I spent New Years Eve burying one of my friends. I was early in the first trimester of pregnancy and not ready to tell anyone. I was sad but hopeful about the year and felt the need to hold tight to my friends and family.

Since then our family has grown and I am the proud mother of two kiddos. My spunky and creative little 2.5 yr old girl and my sweet smiling bouncing 4 month baby boy.

My husband and I celebrated our 5 year wedding anniversary and together re-energized our marriage. His upcoming deployment helped us to not sweat the small stuff.

My mother has been living with us and that has provided a much needed time to reconnect with her. I am getting to know the woman not just my Mama and in turn, she is seeing me as a mother. It's all very surreal.

This new year is going to be a challenge full of surprises, but I am so thankful for another year, actually for another day to share with my family and friends.

Just as you cannot understand the path of the wind or the mystery of a tiny baby growing in its mother’s womb, so you cannot understand the activity of God, who does all things. (Ecclesiastes 11:5 NLT)

Be blessed and have a very happy holiday,
Kristye

kristye.com
dorilam.com
kdudley@dorilam.com
Purchase originals and prints

Popular posts from this blog

A family update. Mark has orders and this summer we are moving to the DMV (DC/Maryland/Virginia). We’ve found a rental home in Sterling, Virginia and have already signed the kids up for summer activities. I’m so excited to be closer to family! We have enjoyed our time here in Ohio, made some new memories, and new friends. I’m going to miss it here. Kristye.com   My Blog Purchase originals and prints   kdudley@kristye.com Twitter @KristyeStudio Tweet @KristyeStudio Like and share My Facebook Page Kristye's Studio    

Today is a gift

There are so many moments in our lives where we question why things happen. There have been times where I wondered "how did I get here?" and "why me?". I have been reflecting on this year, my relationships, my hopes and dreams. I have had the opportunity to see many of my dreams come true. I am married to a wonderful man. I have been blessed with a spunky little girl. I am able to not only create art, but to walk, paint, laugh and share my life with wonderful family and friends. In the picture above, I am standing with one if my childhood idols. Yep, we are the same age, but Keasha was always two or three steps ahead and without her knowing made a path for me. We met in high school at a science and engineering camp at Clemson University. She was so pretty and smart. She graduated from high school a year early, and then majored in engineering. She had her own car, I couldn't even drive yet, and a personalized license plate that some how spelled QT-PIE. ...

What a Difference A Year Makes

What a difference a year makes. Picking Pumpkins with the family Work in progress of watercolor flowers. Fall is one of my favorite times of the year and I usually plan for our family to visit farms, pick pumpkins, decorate the house, cook treats, and enjoy the cooler weather. This time last year, I was two weeks post-op from a very unexpected surgery. This year I am so thankful of where this year has taken us. I am feeling more like myself, I am talking some great art classes. My kids are back in school, playing sports, and making friends. I have made friends too. Hard to believe we will be moving again next year, but until then we will enjoy each day. Kristye.com