Skip to main content

Mother's joy

John 16:21 When a woman is giving birth, she has sorrow because her hour has come, but when she has delivered the baby, she no longer remembers the anguish, for joy that a human being has been born into the world.

I've been a pretty busy lady this month. On August 6, I delivered a 7lb 3 oz, 21 in long bouncing baby boy. He has tons if nicknames, but MJ is my favorite.

This pregnancy, delivery and postpartum period have been full of highs and lows. MJ was born with the umbilical cord around his neck and we waited what seemed like forever to hear his first cry. I went through my own challenges, delivery is hard enough, but breastfeeding, recovery, and pneumonia all at the same time was really tough.

Luckily, my husband was there to be my support. I don't know what I would do without him. Big sister is doing great. She gives baby brother lots of love and kisses and is a major big helper.

My mother has continued to have some health issues, but still came to help me with the kids during my husbands deployment.

She was in the hospital on a Friday and was on a plane the next morning to see about my family. We both admitted, God has a funny sense of humor. For the first 3 days she was here, we were rehabilitating her. She said "I thought I was coming to help you", it seems we are here to help each other!

A mother and child have a bond that can't be explained. I pray that this time with my mother brings her as much joy as I have with my children. I am so grateful for the unconditional love of moms.

Be blessed,
Kristye

Popular posts from this blog

A family update. Mark has orders and this summer we are moving to the DMV (DC/Maryland/Virginia). We’ve found a rental home in Sterling, Virginia and have already signed the kids up for summer activities. I’m so excited to be closer to family! We have enjoyed our time here in Ohio, made some new memories, and new friends. I’m going to miss it here. Kristye.com   My Blog Purchase originals and prints   kdudley@kristye.com Twitter @KristyeStudio Tweet @KristyeStudio Like and share My Facebook Page Kristye's Studio    

Today is a gift

There are so many moments in our lives where we question why things happen. There have been times where I wondered "how did I get here?" and "why me?". I have been reflecting on this year, my relationships, my hopes and dreams. I have had the opportunity to see many of my dreams come true. I am married to a wonderful man. I have been blessed with a spunky little girl. I am able to not only create art, but to walk, paint, laugh and share my life with wonderful family and friends. In the picture above, I am standing with one if my childhood idols. Yep, we are the same age, but Keasha was always two or three steps ahead and without her knowing made a path for me. We met in high school at a science and engineering camp at Clemson University. She was so pretty and smart. She graduated from high school a year early, and then majored in engineering. She had her own car, I couldn't even drive yet, and a personalized license plate that some how spelled QT-PIE. ...

What a Difference A Year Makes

What a difference a year makes. Picking Pumpkins with the family Work in progress of watercolor flowers. Fall is one of my favorite times of the year and I usually plan for our family to visit farms, pick pumpkins, decorate the house, cook treats, and enjoy the cooler weather. This time last year, I was two weeks post-op from a very unexpected surgery. This year I am so thankful of where this year has taken us. I am feeling more like myself, I am talking some great art classes. My kids are back in school, playing sports, and making friends. I have made friends too. Hard to believe we will be moving again next year, but until then we will enjoy each day. Kristye.com