Skip to main content

Winds of Change

Winds of Change, Acrylic on Canvas © Kristye Addison Dudley


It's been a great holiday week so far. I am getting tons of rest and working towards a new year full of personal goals. One of which is running my first 1/2 marathon. So far I have only gotten new shoes, but you have to start somewhere. I am so grateful for so many thing I can't even count them. I hope you had a great Thanksgiving Day. We spent the day with friends of ours here in Bossier City. They have a 2 year old little girl, who our 18 month old KJ couldn't get enough of and a 5 week old little boy, who has given my husband a little baby fever.

We did a pot luck and completely stuffed ourselves. I have been trying to make those left overs last as long as possible, I really don't want to spend this weekend cooking and cleaning up the kitchen any more than necessary. I have also been helping do graphics for a dear friend of mine who is getting married on Sunday. We are not going to be able to make it, but I will be there in spirit.

Next week I am starting to refocus my career. I will start training to become an art teacher for our gifted and talented program for elementary and middle schools here in the area. It's a wonderful program that hires professional artists to teach within the schools to children who show an aptitude for the arts. Sometimes, the work in "artwork", can get sort of heavy.  I hope that I am able to share my knowledge with the students and they can renew the playfulness simple joy of creating.

For the first time I will be putting my artwork first in my career. I will create (paint/sculpt/design), teach and freelance for a living. Change is sort of intimidating, but I know that my path has already been laid out for me and I just need to have faith and let God lead me.

Be blessed,
Kristye

kristye.com
dorilam.com
kdudley@dorilam.com
Purchase originals and prints

Popular posts from this blog

A family update. Mark has orders and this summer we are moving to the DMV (DC/Maryland/Virginia). We’ve found a rental home in Sterling, Virginia and have already signed the kids up for summer activities. I’m so excited to be closer to family! We have enjoyed our time here in Ohio, made some new memories, and new friends. I’m going to miss it here. Kristye.com   My Blog Purchase originals and prints   kdudley@kristye.com Twitter @KristyeStudio Tweet @KristyeStudio Like and share My Facebook Page Kristye's Studio    

Today is a gift

There are so many moments in our lives where we question why things happen. There have been times where I wondered "how did I get here?" and "why me?". I have been reflecting on this year, my relationships, my hopes and dreams. I have had the opportunity to see many of my dreams come true. I am married to a wonderful man. I have been blessed with a spunky little girl. I am able to not only create art, but to walk, paint, laugh and share my life with wonderful family and friends. In the picture above, I am standing with one if my childhood idols. Yep, we are the same age, but Keasha was always two or three steps ahead and without her knowing made a path for me. We met in high school at a science and engineering camp at Clemson University. She was so pretty and smart. She graduated from high school a year early, and then majored in engineering. She had her own car, I couldn't even drive yet, and a personalized license plate that some how spelled QT-PIE. ...

What a Difference A Year Makes

What a difference a year makes. Picking Pumpkins with the family Work in progress of watercolor flowers. Fall is one of my favorite times of the year and I usually plan for our family to visit farms, pick pumpkins, decorate the house, cook treats, and enjoy the cooler weather. This time last year, I was two weeks post-op from a very unexpected surgery. This year I am so thankful of where this year has taken us. I am feeling more like myself, I am talking some great art classes. My kids are back in school, playing sports, and making friends. I have made friends too. Hard to believe we will be moving again next year, but until then we will enjoy each day. Kristye.com