Skip to main content

Rejoice always

Leap of Faith - 6ft x 6ft Acrylic on Canvas © Kristye Addison Dudley
Purchase Prints of my work

Last weekend I participated in a charity benefit at my church. It was for breast cancer awareness and pay tribute to survivors in the community. There was a great turn out, and I was one of the vendors on hand to share my work. I met so many wonderful people.

I donated a print of "In the Huddle" To the speaker. Her story of her life's trials and tribulations was astonishing. But her spirit of thanksgiving was inspiring.

The next day we went to the church of a family friend. The pastor is discussing a series on joy. And the message was right on time. One thing that I find myself constantly battling with is keeping my mind focused on pure and simple joy.

1 Thessalonians 5:16-18

 16 Rejoice always, 17 pray continually, 18 give thanks in all circumstances; for this is God’s will for you in Christ Jesus.


I pray and I give thanks in all situations (not just for my blessings), but sometimes I let things temporarily steal my joy. The pastor gave us some homework for the week. First he said write a Thank You note to someone who has helped you or that you appreciate. The second was to sing songs of praise this week. Right away I started thinking of who I can thank, then I started thinking of songs.

Yesterday's song was "Smile" bt Kirk Franklin. Today's song is "This little light of mine". It just makes me smile and KJ likes it too. This weekend, I set up for my first art show in 4 + years. The show opens 11/11/11 at Artspace here in Shreveport, LA. I am so excited to share my work and meet artist in the community.


I wish you a joyful week. And I am so thankful for each and everyone of you.

Cheerfully,
Kristye


kristye.com
dorilam.com
kdudley@dorilam.com
Purchase originals and prints

Popular posts from this blog

A family update. Mark has orders and this summer we are moving to the DMV (DC/Maryland/Virginia). We’ve found a rental home in Sterling, Virginia and have already signed the kids up for summer activities. I’m so excited to be closer to family! We have enjoyed our time here in Ohio, made some new memories, and new friends. I’m going to miss it here. Kristye.com   My Blog Purchase originals and prints   kdudley@kristye.com Twitter @KristyeStudio Tweet @KristyeStudio Like and share My Facebook Page Kristye's Studio    

Today is a gift

There are so many moments in our lives where we question why things happen. There have been times where I wondered "how did I get here?" and "why me?". I have been reflecting on this year, my relationships, my hopes and dreams. I have had the opportunity to see many of my dreams come true. I am married to a wonderful man. I have been blessed with a spunky little girl. I am able to not only create art, but to walk, paint, laugh and share my life with wonderful family and friends. In the picture above, I am standing with one if my childhood idols. Yep, we are the same age, but Keasha was always two or three steps ahead and without her knowing made a path for me. We met in high school at a science and engineering camp at Clemson University. She was so pretty and smart. She graduated from high school a year early, and then majored in engineering. She had her own car, I couldn't even drive yet, and a personalized license plate that some how spelled QT-PIE. ...

What a Difference A Year Makes

What a difference a year makes. Picking Pumpkins with the family Work in progress of watercolor flowers. Fall is one of my favorite times of the year and I usually plan for our family to visit farms, pick pumpkins, decorate the house, cook treats, and enjoy the cooler weather. This time last year, I was two weeks post-op from a very unexpected surgery. This year I am so thankful of where this year has taken us. I am feeling more like myself, I am talking some great art classes. My kids are back in school, playing sports, and making friends. I have made friends too. Hard to believe we will be moving again next year, but until then we will enjoy each day. Kristye.com