Skip to main content

Sticky Fingers Dudley



Figure Study - acrylic on canvas with palette knife © Kristye Addison Dudley

A few of our friends were in town last weekend and they were coming over to hang out. So you know what that meant...we had to straighten up around the house. It's so funny how we get in a habit of just moving things around without really getting organized. Then before you know it, everything is a mess a again. Our little toddler, aka "Sticky Fingers Dudley", has a masterful way of getting into EVERYTHING. Sometimes I just sit back and marvel at her cunning and acrobatic feats of strength to get to that one object that is seemingly out of reach. But more times than not, she finds a way.

Sometimes I get frustrated with the things that are out of my control, instead of just letting God take charge. I can learn a lot from Sticky Fingers Dudley. I can stay focused on those things that are right there in front of me and challenge myself to make the most of the things that I can control. Like keeping things away from Miss Sticky Fingers!



Kristyeaddison.com

Contact me at: kdudley@Dorilam.com

Popular posts from this blog

A family update. Mark has orders and this summer we are moving to the DMV (DC/Maryland/Virginia). We’ve found a rental home in Sterling, Virginia and have already signed the kids up for summer activities. I’m so excited to be closer to family! We have enjoyed our time here in Ohio, made some new memories, and new friends. I’m going to miss it here. Kristye.com   My Blog Purchase originals and prints   kdudley@kristye.com Twitter @KristyeStudio Tweet @KristyeStudio Like and share My Facebook Page Kristye's Studio    

Today is a gift

There are so many moments in our lives where we question why things happen. There have been times where I wondered "how did I get here?" and "why me?". I have been reflecting on this year, my relationships, my hopes and dreams. I have had the opportunity to see many of my dreams come true. I am married to a wonderful man. I have been blessed with a spunky little girl. I am able to not only create art, but to walk, paint, laugh and share my life with wonderful family and friends. In the picture above, I am standing with one if my childhood idols. Yep, we are the same age, but Keasha was always two or three steps ahead and without her knowing made a path for me. We met in high school at a science and engineering camp at Clemson University. She was so pretty and smart. She graduated from high school a year early, and then majored in engineering. She had her own car, I couldn't even drive yet, and a personalized license plate that some how spelled QT-PIE. ...

What a Difference A Year Makes

What a difference a year makes. Picking Pumpkins with the family Work in progress of watercolor flowers. Fall is one of my favorite times of the year and I usually plan for our family to visit farms, pick pumpkins, decorate the house, cook treats, and enjoy the cooler weather. This time last year, I was two weeks post-op from a very unexpected surgery. This year I am so thankful of where this year has taken us. I am feeling more like myself, I am talking some great art classes. My kids are back in school, playing sports, and making friends. I have made friends too. Hard to believe we will be moving again next year, but until then we will enjoy each day. Kristye.com