Skip to main content

What's New in the Studio

Watercolor and Acrylic, brush and knife © Kristye Addison Dudley 2011

I am sure you have been wondering where the paintings are. Well, I am happy to report, I have been painting! I am currently working on two commissions. One is a wedding gift and the other is a gift from a student to his mentor.

Both are figures and feel very blessed to be creating them for my collectors. I really love commissions and the development process between myself and my clients. They provide photos, feelings, quotes or a general concept and I look for inspiration to transform that into a visual medium that can speak volumes to others.

While I am working on those I continue to work on smaller pieces too. This magnolia study was really fun (yes my work is fun). Since I am also a graphic designer, I have to sometimes force myself to loosen up and paint "outside" of the lines. I wanted to leave just enough of the form of the flower and the leaves to show the shape without taking away the airiness of the soft petals.

I hope you have a great week,
Kristye

Popular posts from this blog

A family update. Mark has orders and this summer we are moving to the DMV (DC/Maryland/Virginia). We’ve found a rental home in Sterling, Virginia and have already signed the kids up for summer activities. I’m so excited to be closer to family! We have enjoyed our time here in Ohio, made some new memories, and new friends. I’m going to miss it here. Kristye.com   My Blog Purchase originals and prints   kdudley@kristye.com Twitter @KristyeStudio Tweet @KristyeStudio Like and share My Facebook Page Kristye's Studio    

Today is a gift

There are so many moments in our lives where we question why things happen. There have been times where I wondered "how did I get here?" and "why me?". I have been reflecting on this year, my relationships, my hopes and dreams. I have had the opportunity to see many of my dreams come true. I am married to a wonderful man. I have been blessed with a spunky little girl. I am able to not only create art, but to walk, paint, laugh and share my life with wonderful family and friends. In the picture above, I am standing with one if my childhood idols. Yep, we are the same age, but Keasha was always two or three steps ahead and without her knowing made a path for me. We met in high school at a science and engineering camp at Clemson University. She was so pretty and smart. She graduated from high school a year early, and then majored in engineering. She had her own car, I couldn't even drive yet, and a personalized license plate that some how spelled QT-PIE. ...

What a Difference A Year Makes

What a difference a year makes. Picking Pumpkins with the family Work in progress of watercolor flowers. Fall is one of my favorite times of the year and I usually plan for our family to visit farms, pick pumpkins, decorate the house, cook treats, and enjoy the cooler weather. This time last year, I was two weeks post-op from a very unexpected surgery. This year I am so thankful of where this year has taken us. I am feeling more like myself, I am talking some great art classes. My kids are back in school, playing sports, and making friends. I have made friends too. Hard to believe we will be moving again next year, but until then we will enjoy each day. Kristye.com