Skip to main content

Stepping out of the box and into the world

Hello,
I am venturing out into the big world of blogging. I hope this provides and opportunity for you to get to know me and for me to get to know you.

I just returned from the most amazing art retreat and workshop at Selah Ranch with Texas Contemporary Artist Laurie Justus Pace. The weekend was more than just about painting, I had a chance to connect with some amazing women at the retreat. I really tried to step out of my comfort zone and try new things.

I have always enjoyed acrylic painting, but I tried oils. I love figure painting, so I tried a landscape. I tend to lean toward earth tones, so I painted with bold bright colors. The whole expreience has enriched my life and I look forward to building new relationships with my friends.

This was the longest amount of time I have spent away from my 1 year old daughter KJ. She is of course the most beautiful child on the planet in my eyes. When I returned home, my sweetie pie had two new teeth!!! They grow so fast. My husband was also very happy to see me after a weekend of chasing around a newly walking toddler.

More pictures to come from the retreat. Check back to see more

Popular posts from this blog

A family update. Mark has orders and this summer we are moving to the DMV (DC/Maryland/Virginia). We’ve found a rental home in Sterling, Virginia and have already signed the kids up for summer activities. I’m so excited to be closer to family! We have enjoyed our time here in Ohio, made some new memories, and new friends. I’m going to miss it here. Kristye.com   My Blog Purchase originals and prints   kdudley@kristye.com Twitter @KristyeStudio Tweet @KristyeStudio Like and share My Facebook Page Kristye's Studio    

Today is a gift

There are so many moments in our lives where we question why things happen. There have been times where I wondered "how did I get here?" and "why me?". I have been reflecting on this year, my relationships, my hopes and dreams. I have had the opportunity to see many of my dreams come true. I am married to a wonderful man. I have been blessed with a spunky little girl. I am able to not only create art, but to walk, paint, laugh and share my life with wonderful family and friends. In the picture above, I am standing with one if my childhood idols. Yep, we are the same age, but Keasha was always two or three steps ahead and without her knowing made a path for me. We met in high school at a science and engineering camp at Clemson University. She was so pretty and smart. She graduated from high school a year early, and then majored in engineering. She had her own car, I couldn't even drive yet, and a personalized license plate that some how spelled QT-PIE. ...

What a Difference A Year Makes

What a difference a year makes. Picking Pumpkins with the family Work in progress of watercolor flowers. Fall is one of my favorite times of the year and I usually plan for our family to visit farms, pick pumpkins, decorate the house, cook treats, and enjoy the cooler weather. This time last year, I was two weeks post-op from a very unexpected surgery. This year I am so thankful of where this year has taken us. I am feeling more like myself, I am talking some great art classes. My kids are back in school, playing sports, and making friends. I have made friends too. Hard to believe we will be moving again next year, but until then we will enjoy each day. Kristye.com