Day 5 - Wildflowers



Day 5 - Wildflowers (WIP) © Kristye Addison Dudley
6" x 4" Acrylic on Canvas Paper


Day 5 of 30 Paintings in 30 Days Wildflowers (work in progress) for 99 Bottles of Art on the Wall. I am really enjoying working with landscapes. As a former athlete, I have always been drawn to the figure, but that is what this challenge is about. Stepping out of my comfort zone.

Today was a very exciting day. Not only did I make it to day 5 of this challenge, but my family traveled to Tennessee to cheer on our niece as she competed in her final collegiate gymnastics meet.

As a former gymnast, I remember the tears and sweat that goes into each meet. Seeing her perform with such power, grace and humility for her talent made me so proud. Her team finished first place in the NAIGC, and she placed 2nd all around out of 900 competitors from across the country and first place on vault.

She is a reminder of how God gives us talents for his glory. There were so many people who admired her talent, but when they met her, they were greeted with a sweet smile and spirit. I am blessed to have been a part of her grand finale in collegiate sports. 

Don't be surprised if acrobatic figures start to appear in my work again soon. I am feeling inspired. Maybe I can have figures in landscapes!

More to come,
Kristye

kristye.com
dorilam.com
kdudley@kristye.com
Purchase originals and prints

Popular Posts