The whole world in his hands


 Do you remember that song "He's got the whole world in his hands"? I used to love that song! This morning before daycare my KJ awoke to an extra Christmas tree. We decided to put up two since this house is so large. This one is the "gold" tree. It has mostly gold decorations with a few red blubs and snow flakes. KJ likes the little red ones and was excited to add her own blubs to the tree.

Watching her hold that little bulb made me think of the song. We have so much in our control day to day. Even with those things that are out of our control, we can choose how we deal with them. This month has continued to be a roller coaster for our family. My husbands deployment was initially cancelled. Then it was turned back on. Then, his training for the second deployment was cancelled and discussion of another cancellation was being discussed. Then on Wednesday of this week, we find out he has offical orders and he will be leaving in a couple of days and will be gone for 7 months.

It's what he signed up for, I am very proud of his service to our country. We are about to seriously earn our stripes. I feel like I have the whole world in my hands right now. My KJ is a Daddy's little girl. I will do my best to give her special attention, like her Papa. Little Mark, will be four months old next week and so he doesn't have any idea about what's going on. I have gone back to a scheduled freelance job and LM is going to start daycare on Monday.

My mother just found out that one of her brother-in-laws passed away and she will be planning a trip home soon. I think we could have better news this Christmas all around. But, I am still blessed to have God's grace and favor on our family. I am thankful of the extra time I had with my husband. I am grateful for the time I spent with church family for Thanksgiving. I am hopeful that my family will all be together again very soon.

I have been prepping my office for some new artwork. I am so excited to have a place to paint again. I have a great sun room with sun coming in on three sides and tons of storage space. I have unearthed a huge stack of doodles and sketches. I am planning on doing a doodle a day. I may not post them everyday, but I am going to share them eventually.

I am prayerful that during this time of new challenges and loss, that I can maintain joy on the hard days and praise God for his wonders. He really does have the whole world in his hands.

Be blessed,
Kristye
kristye.com
dorilam.com
kdudley@dorilam.com
Purchase originals and prints

Popular Posts