Thy Will Be Done

Thy Will Be Done - Acrylic on Canvas © Kristye Addison Dudley
Purchase Print*

It's been an interesting start to the year. I have been asked numerous times "How was your holiday?" I know that people are asking out of routine, because usually the response is "It was great. How was yours?" Then we fall in line with the dance of sharing all the good things that happened.

I have had a harder time staying in step with this dance this year. The response "We went to a funeral for one of my college friends." Is not what people really want to know and I try not to over share. But that is the truth. We had a great Christmas eve. We spent it surrounded by our close friends. We had a great Christmas Day. We enjoyed a church service and spent the afternoon opening gifts and hanging out eating left overs from the night before. The next couple of days were just as lazy, until I received the call that changed the tempo for New Years.

We drove from Louisiana to South Carolina to celebrate the life of my girlfriend. It was a weekend full of tears and laughter. I was able to see all of my siblings and my mother. Mark was able to see all of this siblings except one and his mother too. My sorority sisters and I fell back into our old college roles. We were busy making plans and organizing, while all the while enjoying each others company. It was a time to reflect on the past and think about the future. It was a wonderful weekend of love and peace but there were times however, it was all I could do to not break down and cry at the thought of not seeing Keasha as I knew her.

So I would pray, I would take a deep breath and pray. I would pray about my family, I would pray about her family, I would give thanks for life, and I would ask for guidance.

Our Father who art in heaven, Hallowed be thy name.
Your kingdom come, Your will be done in earth, as it is in heaven.
Matthew 6:9-10

"Thy will be done", is such a powerful statement. Giving over our will to God's and letting him have his way with us, sounds so good in theory, but it is his will that gives us peace. This is going to be an awesome year. Tonight my 20 month old daughter, KJ, started Mom and Tot gymnastics. Heaven help me, it was like trying to herd kittens. I am so grateful for tylenol. Next week my latest adventure begins as an art teacher. I can't wait to see what my students will teach me. I can't wait to teach them about the boundless world of art. I hope it touches their lives as it has shaped mine.

I pray that God's will continues to move in my life and direct my path. I pray he does the same for you.


Be blessed,
Kristye

*Part of the proceeds from my artwork will go to the American Cancer Society to help find a cure.

Find me online:
kristye.com
dorilam.com
kdudley@dorilam.com
Purchase originals and prints*

Popular Posts