My father's advice

Dock at Sunrise - Mixed Media - Watercolor and Photo © Kristye Addison Dudley
I was always Daddy's little girl. I was basically his shadow as soon as I could walk. He was an architect and a professor. I still consider him to be the smartest person I've ever known. He taught me to draw and see the world in a completely new way.

When it was time for me to choose a major in college he asked me, "What would you do whether you got paid for it or not?". I said I would travel the world and paint. So, I majored in art.

Now that my husband is a Daddy, I can see my little girl following him around! And already at 14 months she is a total Daddy's little girl. I can't be jealous of all the attention he gets, now I know how my mother must have felt. I am sure that he will be giving KJ lots of advice and I hope that she knows that one day she can live out her wildest dreams and fulfill her life's passions.

My Father's birthday was on Monday June 13, he would have been 78 years old. I miss him dearly, but his advice is always with me. Thanks for the great advice Daddy and Happy Father's Day to all the great loving Dads out there.

Kristye
www.kristyeaddison.com
kdudley@dorilam.com

Popular Posts