Laugh out loud

Soul Stirring © Kristye Addison Dudley


Have you ever been in a situation where you had to decide weather to laugh or cry? This month has been full of them. Highs and lows, tears and laughter have filled our home.

The most important event that happened this month was Mark's deployment was cancelled. Of course I cried! I was so happy to know that he would be home with our family. He came home from training with the great news. Then there was looming dread of when he would be called up. Funny how the mind works.

In other news KJ, our 2.5 year old, is officially potty trained! We went full tilt on training during a three day weekend and she is in panties! Lots of laughter and potty dances for that one. My baby is growing up (tiny tears).

My mother is doing well, some days are easier than others but for 80 she's pretty amazing! Watching her chase a half naked 2 year old to the potty, was pretty funny. Realizing that she can't do everything she used to do is difficult. I remember when she was lighting fast, I couldn't keep up with her. But she can still walk 3 miles and hold a baby all day long! Smile.

Lil Mark is as cute and as sweet as he can be. He is 3 months old and is cooing up some great conversations. He was not sleeping through the night, which was really making me want to cry. But last night was a GREAT night. Everyone got sleep and both my kids woke up with smiles.

I even actually laughed out laud this morning. I was making up dances in the kitchen! Something I used to do daily. The reality is that there are more things to be happy for than sad about. Mark's deployment maybe back on for January, but I am enjoying having him here now.

As I look at the destruction of the storm Sandy, the recurring theme is people are remembering what is important. Not homes and material things, but their friends and families I am so blessed and thankful I just want to LOL and praise God. A friend posted this on Facebook this week and it was right on time.

Give thanks to the LORD and proclaim his greatness.
Let the whole world know what he has done. (1 Chronicles 16:8 NLT)

Be blessed,
Kristye

kristye.com
dorilam.com
kdudley@dorilam.com
Purchase originals and prints

Popular Posts