Taking the first step

Magnolia Study 2 - Mixed media: photo enhanced watercolor, 8.5" x 11" © Kristye Addison Dudley
Before being married, I lived in a cool three story town home in the Grant Park neighborhood of Atlanta. It had a huge garage that I converted into my studio and I painted some great work there and used it as a place to try just about anything creative. I worked in clay and built small sculptures, had a screen printing press, and more. It was where I really felt most free to explore and make a total carefree mess. I would turn up my music and let my paint (and myself) dance with the canvas. We sold that townhouse yesterday! But even though there were great memories there, I am happy to step into this next chapter.

KJ, my 13 month old daughter, just learned to walk a couple of months ago. She was very timid at first, but now she is trying to run. For example, we used to carry her out to the car in the morning, but now she wants to walk on her own. I guess that's just the way life is. Sometimes it's hard to take those first steps, but then with God's guidance, we are able to run on to whatever his will has in store for us.

Stay tuned, as this door closes I am so excited about what the future holds. The study of this magnolia is another one of those steps. I have always loved photography, and I have tons of it. So I am exploring new ways to work with it. I enjoyed using water color to bring life to this flower. It's a work in progress, but so am I.

Love and blessings,
Kristye

Popular Posts