Iron Sharpens Iron

"Iron Sharpens Iron" 24" x 24" © Kristye Addison Dudley

Whew, I am tired.

But, I am the best kind of tired. My brain is tired, but I keep thinking of new projects to do! The commission shown was a purchased as a gift. My good friend Dr. Antwan Treadway wanted a gift for his mentor, Dr. Paul E. Gates, brother of Dr. Henry Lewis Gates. I found a scripture that gave me inspiration to create this work.

Psalm 27:17
Iron sharpens iron and one man sharpens another.

We went through a number of drafts, and he selected this theme. The reflection of mentor and student. I have really found that using the palette knife and expanding my colors has brought an exciting dimension to my work.

This painting does make me want to reach out to people who have encouraged me along the way. There are so many people that have in large and small ways touched my life and helped me to grow.

That includes you. Thank you for reading my blog and sending your kind comments.
Until next time...
Kristye

kdudley@dorilam.com
kristye.com
dorilam.com

Popular Posts