Stepping out of the box and into the world

Hello,
I am venturing out into the big world of blogging. I hope this provides and opportunity for you to get to know me and for me to get to know you.

I just returned from the most amazing art retreat and workshop at Selah Ranch with Texas Contemporary Artist Laurie Justus Pace. The weekend was more than just about painting, I had a chance to connect with some amazing women at the retreat. I really tried to step out of my comfort zone and try new things.

I have always enjoyed acrylic painting, but I tried oils. I love figure painting, so I tried a landscape. I tend to lean toward earth tones, so I painted with bold bright colors. The whole expreience has enriched my life and I look forward to building new relationships with my friends.

This was the longest amount of time I have spent away from my 1 year old daughter KJ. She is of course the most beautiful child on the planet in my eyes. When I returned home, my sweetie pie had two new teeth!!! They grow so fast. My husband was also very happy to see me after a weekend of chasing around a newly walking toddler.

More pictures to come from the retreat. Check back to see more

Popular Posts