Little works of art


Painting by KJ
I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me. (Philippians 4:13 KJV)
As you know I am now the mother of two kiddos! It's pretty awesome. KJ loves her little brother and Lil Mark can't get enough of her. Today she got him to make his first smile.

My husband is away for two weeks training and once again, I am so thankful for my mother being here to help out. I am also grateful that I have the flexibility to help her with whatever she may need too.

I have to admit that I have used Disney Junior on TV to help me keep KJ occupied. I tell myself, she's learning. And she does pick up some educational tools, but really it gives me some time to make dinner or other chores. So I am on a mission to find other, more engaging things, more artful things. She is liking the change and so am I. Her latest finger painting master piece is above. I am so proud.
Now every time she sees a brush she says she wants to paint. I love that!

My other little work of art, Lil Mark, is just the sweetest baby, except when he's hungry. Then his head starts to spin and he makes his demands known.

Big Mark will be leaving for a 6month deployment in October and I am trying to keep my sanity. The best way to do that is with art. I am hoping that my little works of art inspire more creative work for me in the coming months.

So far all my projects have been deployment related (Count down calendars, count down jelly bean jar, map of the world to show where daddy will be, Daddy dolls with daddy's voice inside and pre-deployment family portraits).

I will keep you posted on my progress. First on my list, cleaning out/setting up my studio!

Thank you for all the prayers. Love and blessings,
Kristye

kristye.com
dorilam.com
kdudley@dorilam.com
Purchase originals and prints

Popular Posts