Mother's joy

John 16:21 When a woman is giving birth, she has sorrow because her hour has come, but when she has delivered the baby, she no longer remembers the anguish, for joy that a human being has been born into the world.

I've been a pretty busy lady this month. On August 6, I delivered a 7lb 3 oz, 21 in long bouncing baby boy. He has tons if nicknames, but MJ is my favorite.

This pregnancy, delivery and postpartum period have been full of highs and lows. MJ was born with the umbilical cord around his neck and we waited what seemed like forever to hear his first cry. I went through my own challenges, delivery is hard enough, but breastfeeding, recovery, and pneumonia all at the same time was really tough.

Luckily, my husband was there to be my support. I don't know what I would do without him. Big sister is doing great. She gives baby brother lots of love and kisses and is a major big helper.

My mother has continued to have some health issues, but still came to help me with the kids during my husbands deployment.

She was in the hospital on a Friday and was on a plane the next morning to see about my family. We both admitted, God has a funny sense of humor. For the first 3 days she was here, we were rehabilitating her. She said "I thought I was coming to help you", it seems we are here to help each other!

A mother and child have a bond that can't be explained. I pray that this time with my mother brings her as much joy as I have with my children. I am so grateful for the unconditional love of moms.

Be blessed,
Kristye

Popular Posts