A Working Mother's Revelation

Revelations I © Kristye Addison Dudley
Purchase Prints or Cards


On the news today, I heard a really sad comment. It was about the divide between working mothers and stay at home mothers. I have to admit, there have been days when I have been working and felt so guilty about KJ being in daycare that I wanted to cry. This year I even took steps to make my work schedule more flexible and add more variety so that I can spend more time focusing on my family.

There have been days when I went to lunch and saw mothers out with their young children and envied the time that they spent together. Then there are those days, where my work is so fulfilling that I know if KJ were with me, I could not give her the time and attention she deserved. And then there is that awesome time of the day, when I go and pick her up from daycare and she sees me and smiles. She drops whatever she is doing and runs to me saying "Momma!" And I am reassured that all is well.

The truth of the matter is, all mothers are working mothers. If you work inside or outside of the home each day has it's challenges and it's joys. Finding the balance in either lifestyle is hard and I applaud all mothers today. Let's take some time before this mother's day to really appreciate the hard working women around us and stop judging each other.

 “Do not judge, or you too will be judged.  For in the same way you judge others, you will be judged, and with the measure you use, it will be measured to you." Matthew 7:1-2
Be blessed,
Kristye


kristye.com
dorilam.com
kdudley@dorilam.com
Purchase originals and prints

Popular Posts