Waiting

"The Earth Has Weight" © Kristye Addison Dudley
Purchase Prints and Cards online

Hello, it's been a while since I have blogged. I have been busy with life! Well, busy growing one. I am 17 weeks pregnant with our second child and it's a little boy.

I was really sick and exhausted for the first trimester and I just focused on getting through it. Now I am feeling better and my body is having flashbacks of when I was pregnant with my little girl. KJ will be 2 next month and it's all sort of blowing my mind.

We are also planning to move into a rental house here in Louisiana. I am really excited about it. Last year we almost closed on a home here, but once again, God had other plans.

We found peace and contentment where we were and waited until the time was right. Well the time is now. And we will be moving into a larger and even cooler place. It's a restored 1930s home, with lots of great sunlight, parks in walking distance and a huge attic that will become my studio. And when it's time to make our next move, we can just move. No selling, or rental properties to concern our selves with. Whew, I can't tell you how good that feels.

Wait on the Lord; Be of good courage, And He shall strengthen your heart; Wait, I say, on the Lord! (Psalm 27:14 NKJV)

So we are truly learning to wait. I am 38 years old and I waited for Mr. Right. I waited until I was at "high risk" maternal age to have children (biggest plus - the extra ultrasound pictures). And I am waiting to see how God will continue to move in our lives. It seems like waiting is one of the hardest things to do, but God is watching to see how we wait. Are we anxious? Are we content? Are we lazy? Are we disciplined? I have been pretty inconsistent with my waiting patterns. Somewhere between a pacing pattern (when I am too in my head) or a waltz (when I hand my problems over). I do like to dance, so I am working on my waltz right now.

I know in my heart that there is a plan for me and my family. I can see it and I am just waiting for all the pieces to come together. The painting above "The Earth Has Weight" is one of my favorite tribal style paintings based upon Adrinka symbols. One more thing I am gladly waiting on is to hold my baby boy.

Are you waiting on anything?

Be blessed,
Kristye

kristye.com
dorilam.com
kdudley@dorilam.com
Purchase originals and prints
Donate for my friend Keasha https://cualumni.clemson.edu/remember/keasha

Popular Posts