Praise and pride

"My perspective, your perspective" (Detail of diptych) © Kristye Addison Dudley


January is almost over and I have only blogged once. I have got to get back to it! Well, here's an update. A memorial fund has been set up for Keasha, here is the link Keasha Rutlegde Draft Memorial. And I still can't believe that the new year started off with such a huge loss. I love you girl.

On the home front, my 22 month old is settling in to all-things-toddler and keeping me and my husband very busy. My husband and I have been making plans on my career change and recently found that "our" best laid plans had some flaws. That's probably because, our plan veered slightly off of God's plan. The painting above has a partner that is right side up. It's always reminded me of how different a situation can appear from your point of view. Sometimes you need a new perspective. And I thank God for that.

"Anyone who listens to my teaching and follows it is wise, like a person who builds a house on solid rock. Though the rain comes in torrents and the floodwaters rise and the winds beat against that house, it won’t collapse because it is built on bedrock. But anyone who hears my teaching and doesn’t obey it is foolish, like a person who builds a house on sand. (Matthew 7:24-26 NLT)"

Luckily, we were given some timely advice and were blessed to awake to a new day. So all is not lost, there's just more work to do. It's time to put God's plan back in place and get busy doing his work.

I am really enjoying my new teaching position. It is so fulfilling to see a young person get excited about art. I remember when people questioned my early childhood development. It took me going through a screening program with a therapist to find out, "Kristye can read...She would just rather draw".

I hope that each of you are seeking God's plan in your life and remember that even if we stray he still keeps us near.

Be blessed,
Kristye

Popular Posts