Christmas on the Bayou

Willow Bayou, Water color/Mulit-media on paper 8"x10" © Kristye Addison Dudley
Growing up my friends and I used to play in these little streams. We called them creeks. When we moved to Louisiana, we found these all over, but here they call them bayous. Just like creeks, you never know what you are going to find.

It's been so dry here that the bayou near our home dried up and all the animals left. There were no more turtles sunbathing and plopping into the water. No blue and white herons, no frogs and crickets singing at night. But just recently we had a lot of rain, and before you knew it, life returned to the bayou. And it was like a breath of fresh air and a reminder of the renewing spirit around us. Just in time for Christmas.

For unto us a child is born, unto us a son is given; and the government shall be upon his shoulder: and his name shall be called Wonderful, Counselor, Mighty God, Everlasting Father, Prince of Peace. Isaiah 9:6



A few updates for you since my last blog. I have signed the contract to be a part-time art teacher next year. I am so excited about the opportunity. My mother is doing well and hopefully she will be visiting us out here soon. KJ got to meet Santa, it was sort of a mess. She screamed in his face and then almost pulled of his beard. Of course, we took pictures anyway with Mark and I smiling as she cries at the top of her lungs.

On the art scene, the magazine Fabulous Floors is in Barnes and Noble and is featuring my artwork in a special section. (Very cool). There was also a second holiday opening for the art show this weekend. I was able to meet more artist and make new friends. We are geared up for the holidays and so thankful for the reason for the season.


I hope you have a wonderful holiday.
Love and blessings,
Kristye


kristye.com
dorilam.com
kdudley@dorilam.com
Purchase originals and prints

Popular Posts