Winds of Change

Winds of Change, Acrylic on Canvas © Kristye Addison Dudley


It's been a great holiday week so far. I am getting tons of rest and working towards a new year full of personal goals. One of which is running my first 1/2 marathon. So far I have only gotten new shoes, but you have to start somewhere. I am so grateful for so many thing I can't even count them. I hope you had a great Thanksgiving Day. We spent the day with friends of ours here in Bossier City. They have a 2 year old little girl, who our 18 month old KJ couldn't get enough of and a 5 week old little boy, who has given my husband a little baby fever.

We did a pot luck and completely stuffed ourselves. I have been trying to make those left overs last as long as possible, I really don't want to spend this weekend cooking and cleaning up the kitchen any more than necessary. I have also been helping do graphics for a dear friend of mine who is getting married on Sunday. We are not going to be able to make it, but I will be there in spirit.

Next week I am starting to refocus my career. I will start training to become an art teacher for our gifted and talented program for elementary and middle schools here in the area. It's a wonderful program that hires professional artists to teach within the schools to children who show an aptitude for the arts. Sometimes, the work in "artwork", can get sort of heavy.  I hope that I am able to share my knowledge with the students and they can renew the playfulness simple joy of creating.

For the first time I will be putting my artwork first in my career. I will create (paint/sculpt/design), teach and freelance for a living. Change is sort of intimidating, but I know that my path has already been laid out for me and I just need to have faith and let God lead me.

Be blessed,
Kristye

kristye.com
dorilam.com
kdudley@dorilam.com
Purchase originals and prints

Popular Posts