That's what friends are for

 "The Team" Acrylic on Canvas 30" x 24" © Kristye Addison Dudley
Purchase Prints and cards
Last Friday, the opening was great! I met so many kind and talented people in the art community and I was surrounded by our new family of friends here. It felt so good to share my art with them and receive positive feedback. Since art is so personal, art show openings tend to make me feel a bit like I am standing exposed in a room full of judges. But luckily I made it through without a scratch. The next morning, I awoke with an overwhelming feeling of gratitude.

As I mentioned in my blog last week, I "Remember when..." I used to go and visit friends at the drop of a dime. Being married with a little one, makes that spontaneity a bit less spontaneous. But, because of my amazing husband I was able to catch a last minute flight out of town to go and visit with some girlfriends that I have really been missing. So Saturday morning, I got on a plane and flew back east to visit for two days.

I started crying before I even left the house, I missed my baby and my husband immediately. I finally stopped crying on the plane. The poor guy next to me probably thought I was sick with all that tissue. I pulled it together, just in time to cry the rest of the weekend. Back story, once I start crying I can't stop. I can cry at just about everything, I cried praying with friends, I laughed so hard I cried, I cried during the veterans tribute during halftime the football game on Sunday just thinking about my husband's possible deployment next year. I mean really, the waterworks just keep on coming! But it kind of felt good to let my guard down, and luckily I was surrounded by my girls who give great hugs.

Baby Shower/Girls Weekend a 2005

My girlfriends from college used to have a "Girls Weekend" every couple of years. We took time to reconnect and were able to encourage one another with our relationships, our children and our dreams. We don't get to have those big weekends as much, but we do our best to stay close. We even watched one of our girlfriends receive her Doctorate from Harvard via the web. We always do what we can, and we know that we are always with each other in spirit. I think we all need that kind of team in our lives. The type of people who cheer your successes as if they are their own. I am so fortunate to have old and new friends that are so giving and loving.

My command is this: Love each other as I have loved you. Greater love has no one than this: to lay down one's life for one's friends. You are my friends if you do what I command. I no longer call you servants, because a servant does not know his master's business. Instead, I have called you friends, for everything that I learned from my Father I have made known to you. You did not choose me, but I chose you and appointed you so that you might go and bear fruit—fruit that will last—and so that whatever you ask in my name the Father will give you. This is my command: Love each other. (John 15:12-17 NIV)

Cheerfully,
Kristye

kristye.com
dorilam.com
kdudley@dorilam.com
Purchase originals and prints

Popular Posts