Rejoice always

Leap of Faith - 6ft x 6ft Acrylic on Canvas © Kristye Addison Dudley
Purchase Prints of my work

Last weekend I participated in a charity benefit at my church. It was for breast cancer awareness and pay tribute to survivors in the community. There was a great turn out, and I was one of the vendors on hand to share my work. I met so many wonderful people.

I donated a print of "In the Huddle" To the speaker. Her story of her life's trials and tribulations was astonishing. But her spirit of thanksgiving was inspiring.

The next day we went to the church of a family friend. The pastor is discussing a series on joy. And the message was right on time. One thing that I find myself constantly battling with is keeping my mind focused on pure and simple joy.

1 Thessalonians 5:16-18

 16 Rejoice always, 17 pray continually, 18 give thanks in all circumstances; for this is God’s will for you in Christ Jesus.


I pray and I give thanks in all situations (not just for my blessings), but sometimes I let things temporarily steal my joy. The pastor gave us some homework for the week. First he said write a Thank You note to someone who has helped you or that you appreciate. The second was to sing songs of praise this week. Right away I started thinking of who I can thank, then I started thinking of songs.

Yesterday's song was "Smile" bt Kirk Franklin. Today's song is "This little light of mine". It just makes me smile and KJ likes it too. This weekend, I set up for my first art show in 4 + years. The show opens 11/11/11 at Artspace here in Shreveport, LA. I am so excited to share my work and meet artist in the community.


I wish you a joyful week. And I am so thankful for each and everyone of you.

Cheerfully,
Kristye


kristye.com
dorilam.com
kdudley@dorilam.com
Purchase originals and prints

Popular Posts