Growing Up and the East Coast Dudley Tour

 Growth - 16" x 16" Acrylic on Canvas © Kristye Addison Dudley
I've got some great news! I was just accepted into a juried show here in Louisiana.  There were 17 artists selected and the Holiday show runs from November 11 - January 7. I will also be showing work at a benefit for Breast Cancer later this month. This painting "Growth" will be one of the paintings for sale at the show.

We just returned from a 2 week work/vacation. I say work vacation because, I was on vacation the first week and worked remotely the second week. The rest of my family was on vacay the whole time. It was a wonderful trip. Here's how the East Coast Tour worked:
  • Bossier City, LA to Athens, GA (with a stop in Alabama overnight)
    - The beautiful wedding of my dear friends Angela and Chris
  • Athens, GA to Atlanta, GA
    - Great time with friends and family. I could have stayed a week and not seen everyone I wanted to. KJ also got to go to the Georgia Aquarium. I could post a whole blog on that trip!
  • Atlanta, GA to Charlotte, NC
    - To celebrate my mother's birthday! Great time, we also went to the park everyday and took KJ to Discover Place, a science learning center for kids (it was wayyyy cool)
  • Charlotte, NC to Clemson, SC
    - My 20th High School Reunion. It was so great to see my dear classmates. KJ spent her first full night away from us with a babysitter, and a great time was had by all.
  • Clemson, SC to Spartanburg, SC
    - We went to our previous home church for service and caught up with our pastor and his wife and so many of our close friends there.
  • Spartanburg, SC to Sumter, SC
    - A visit to Mark's mother. Sweet Miss Amanda had a blast with KJ. And we set up her computer for skype. Now she can video chat with all 10 of her grand children.
  • Sumter, SC to Augusta, GA
    - This was a last minute stop to visit my Aunt Jackie. We were passing her home on our way to Bossier, so we just decided to see her too!
  • Augusta, GA to Atlanta, GA
    - We stopped for the night, due to a 4 car accident in Atlanta. Sweet Dreams.
  • Atlanta, GA to Bossier City, LA
    - We are back at home and in the flow again, renewed and ready for the next trip.
So if you read all of that we went to 5 states in two weeks. We made lots of stops and really just chilled out. KJ grew so much while we were gone, that some of her clothes don't fit anymore. I loved spending so much time with her. She really started "talking" and even started singing a new song that she made up.

I have been reading a lot about faith lately. One of my friends was even writing about it this week. Faith is like our East Coast Tour, we just drove and knew that God would make a way for us. We didn't worry about our schedule, we just hit the road! So, I guess like KJ, I a grew a bit on our trip as well.

Blessings,
Kristye


kristye.com
dorilam.com
kdudley@dorilam.com
Purchase originals and prints

Popular Posts