The Dance

The Dancer - 8" x 10" acrylic on canvas board © Kristye Addison Dudley
purchase originals and prints
This couple of weeks is a blur. We had a great anniversary. Mark took me out for a wonderful dinner and we reminisced and thought back over our lives so far and about our future.

For Labor Day weekend we started a "remodel" of our apartment. We are trying to be present and not constantly feel in transition. When we married we knew we would only be in our first home for three years. We didn't take full advantage of that time. We didn't really put down roots until it was time to leave. Although we are only slotted to be here for 3 more years, we don't want to make the same mistake.

We are making new friends, getting out and simply trying to enjoy the world around us. We aren't focused on what's next like we did before. What's next will come soon enough.

“Do not make a noise about tomorrow, for you are not certain what a day's outcome may be.”
Proverbs 27:1

It's so true. The Dancer in this painting expresses that feeling that I have when I am dancing with my husband, my cheer girls, or praise dancing at church. I feel most present and simply blessed. Sometimes distractions sneak in, but for the most part, if I truly focus on the joy of the moment and let the spirit guide me, there is nothing like it.

Dance like no one is watching and have a great week!
Kristye

kristye.com
dorilam.com
kdudley@dorilam.com
Purchase originals and prints

Popular Posts