Act of Faith

© Kristye Addison Dudley
I just wanted to give you an update. My mother is doing much better. She is out of the hospital and with my sister. We have so many decisions to make, decisions that we have all put off for so long. But I do have faith that God will provide all that we need if we seek him first.

I have a bad habit of knowing what is right and veering off on my own. Then God puts people in my path to remind me of the straight and narrow. I have said it before, but I am so thankful for my family and friends. All of the love and support over this last week has help renew my spirit and my faith.

Instead of staying sorrowful, I have been able to look forward. I have been really hard on myself about where I am with my art career. But the truth is, I am where I am and that's that. If I am truly present, I am much farther along than I was last year, so I need to stop beating myself up and embrace progress. (Even if I feel a bit like I am moving at a snails pace. LOL)

I painted this painting above for a charity auction in Atlanta. If we have faith all things are possible. I am stepping out on faith next week. I am having all of my finished paintings in storage professional shot. That's right, I have over 50 paintings in storage! They are not being shown, they are not being shared, they are just sitting all alone in storage. It's time to let them see the light of day, and maybe they will find homes.

I have always believed that even if a painting is not sold, that doesn't mean it's a "bad" painting. It just means it hasn't found it's perfect mate. So I guess in the coming weeks I will start a "matchmaking" of sorts for my artwork. I hope they all find a loving home.

Again, thank you for all the love and prayers. Have a blessed weekend and I will be talking to you soon.

Kristye
kristye.com
dorilam.com
kdudley@dorilam.com

Popular Posts