I Don't Believe He Brought Me This Far

 Commission for Mo'Nique (Oscar award winner) © Kristye Addison Dudley
Tonight I took some time to update my list of exhibits, collectors and charitable events. I was shocked when I saw them all together. I have really had some great experiences, met some wonderful people and have had the opportunity to share my heart.

This is one of those divine things that happened to me. My first solo show was in 2002. I was so excited that I sold a large painting. I was walking on cloud nine and trying to learn more about how to become a "real" professional artist while pursuing my graphic design career.

While delivering my first sale, my collector was in a meeting with a customer, but he told me to come and bring my book. He invited me in and introduced me to his customer. I was so surprised to see that it was Mo'Nique! She's a comedian, and won an Oscar for her supporting role in "Precious". She liked the work I was delivering and asked to see my work. 

She looked through my portfolio and said, "I'd like this painting, in these colors. How much is it and can I have it in two weeks?". I simply said the amount and that I could do it in two weeks and that a deposit could be paid by check.

This painting holds a very special place in my heart, but I still sometimes forget about these milestones I have had along the way. I find myself looking back and focusing on my mistakes and my mishaps as failures, when really they are just stepping stones. After all of those "failures" was a triumph. There were people around me to lift me up and encourage me. There was a cheering section of family and peers to remind me that the road was winding but not ending.

I am so thankful for the friends that God has put into my life. And for the angels that watch over me and my family everyday. "I Don't Believe He Brought Me This Far to Leave Me", great things are in store.

Kristye

kdudley@dorilam.com
kristyeaddison.com




Popular Posts