What's New in the Studio

Watercolor and Acrylic, brush and knife © Kristye Addison Dudley 2011

I am sure you have been wondering where the paintings are. Well, I am happy to report, I have been painting! I am currently working on two commissions. One is a wedding gift and the other is a gift from a student to his mentor.

Both are figures and feel very blessed to be creating them for my collectors. I really love commissions and the development process between myself and my clients. They provide photos, feelings, quotes or a general concept and I look for inspiration to transform that into a visual medium that can speak volumes to others.

While I am working on those I continue to work on smaller pieces too. This magnolia study was really fun (yes my work is fun). Since I am also a graphic designer, I have to sometimes force myself to loosen up and paint "outside" of the lines. I wanted to leave just enough of the form of the flower and the leaves to show the shape without taking away the airiness of the soft petals.

I hope you have a great week,
Kristye

Popular Posts